July 31, 2013 - Introduction

I'm Phil Leavenworth, I am a wannabe filmmaker, novelist, impressionist and entrepreneur. And this is my blog 'o SF.

For sometime I have been interested in the Science Fiction genre, so much so, that I think I live and breathe it. I am attracted to adventure, thought-provoking, emotionally-gripping tales and a lot of SF has that. However, I created this blog to be accessible even to the novice and as a way I could hone in on the craft of SF writing, as I eventually want to master the genre as some of the greats have. If not master, at least, contribute new tales.

I honestly can't recall the first film I saw as a child nor can I really remember how I first became interested in "genre" culture. Pure logic would probably tell me that my father is the man that first introduced it to me. I suppose nurture won out of that nature vs. nurture argument. My father grew up in the 1970s which exposed me to many films and television that other kids my age would be completely unknown to them.

As a young child growing up in Southern California I was afforded the ability to have a diversified experience with this thing called life. I was poked and prodded like many other geeks, nerds, dorks, what-have-you. Until recently, my kind was derided as people who lived in basements with no social lives. Now, we have seen a resurgence and popularity never-before-seen. And I for one, am enjoying it.

Hopefully this blog will help me hone in on the craft of SF writing, discover many new concepts in the world of science, technology and medicine, and much more. I can't wait to see what we find. :D

Comments

Popular Posts